Widespread Sports is based out of Louisville, Ky. We cover both Local Sports and all National Sporting News as well. Keep an eye out for our podcast coming this year, and become a fan of WSS on facebook.
Follow WidespreadSprts on Twitter

Monday, March 22, 2010

How's Your Bracket Now?



Wow. What a weekend of college basketball. No doubt the discussions around the workplace today will begin with, "How's your bracket?" I must admit, I'm a UK fan and I have them winning it all, however, I never thought we would see Kansas exit BEFORE the sweet sixteen. And honestly, how many people have Cornell, Washington, AND Saint Mary's ALL making through the first weekend? I gotta say, even though I've got UK winning it all, my bracket is totally screwed. But, I can't worry about that now. The Cats are hot and there is plenty of good basketball yet to be played. Here's a rundown of the sweet sixteen matchups and my early predictions(for what it's worth):

9 Northern Iowa v. 5 Michigan St. - Hard to go against Izzo and the Spartans here but with Kalen Lucas banged up, I like the Panthers to keep the magic alive

6 Tennessee v. 2 Ohio St. - I hate Tennessee and Bruce Pearl. 'Nuff said.

1 Syracuse v. 5 Butler - Wesley Johnson is a machine and Butler doesn't have a player named John Connor to stop him

6 Xavier v. 2 Kansas St. - Hard not to root for the Muskateers, one for all and all for one!

1 Kentucky v. 12 Cornell - It's a good thing this game will be played on a basketball court and not in the classroom. Kentucky rolls.

11 Washington v. 2 West Virginia - It's all relative in West Virginia, and relatively speaking WVU is the better team

1 Duke v. 4 Purdue - Chris Kramer punches Kyle Singler in the face, unfortunately he's tossed and Duke moves on

3 Baylor v. 10 Saint Mary's - Baylor's too much, even for three Australians

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widespread Sports's Fan Box

Widespread Sports on Facebook

Raptor Eats Cheerleader

Barry Melsore Says Chicken Shit on Live TV